Saturday, June 14, 2014

A FATHER'S LOVE...Building Capacity

How would you describe your “capacity?”  To love? To forgive? To understand? To have impact?

Many days, I feel like my capacity is terribly small.  

Yet, I so much want my FULL CAPACITY, my FULL POTENTIAL, to be realized as I continue with the gift of each new day.  

Each day = a gift
Thankfully, in God’s great love for us, He is all about building our capacity- helping us realize and activate His full design and plan for our lives.  He doesn’t give up on us and is ready to take us deeper, make our capacity stronger, as we go.

Jeremiah 29:11-12
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to hard you, plans to give you hope and a future…you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart…

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Jeremiah 24:6-7
…I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them.  I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

My prayer is that God keeps building my capacity. And that He uses me to build the capacity of those around me here.  That by my words and actions- I reflect to others God’s love and His belief that they can be who He has made them to be.  Even with my inner core still under construction and my full capacity still being worked on, that even in that weakness- God can still show Himself through my life.

Recent Student Trip 
I’ve learned over time that allowing God to take a look at your heart and life can be humbling and often painful. Capacity building….the construction or re-construction needed…might be hard to see. Some things in the construction of our lives may need knocked down. Maybe things were built on the wrong foundation or with the wrong material.  Maybe how we fill our schedule, what we spend our time and money on, who is in our hearts- God might speak to us about. Maybe there are big gaps and repairs that need revealed, then mended.  

Whatever work needs done, we can trust God is building our capacity, shaping us for our good and His purpose.

Joel 2:12-13
“Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Zechariah 1:3
Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the LORD Almighty.

John 15:1-2
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

2 Corinthians 2:9
…no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him

I’m so thankful God wants us to know Him more deeply with each passing day.

I’m also so grateful also this Father’s Day weekend for my Dad on earth. His encouragement and unconditional love through time for both my sister and I have demonstrated God’s belief in us- helping to build our capacities. We love you Dad!!!


As members of God's family and partners with Him in the fields, may we help to build others up.  May we see and encourage the potential in those around us to do more and be more in God and for Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up

Philippians 1:6
…He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Onward for our God!

Happy Father’s Day weekend! And Blessed Summer to All!

Prayer Requests
-The English class I’m teaching at a local seminary just finished its first week. I’m so honored to have 43 students in my class… future and current Ethiopian pastors, evangelists, youth and children workers, counselors and missionaries.  The times of sharing stories this past week have been such a blessing. I feel like I get to have church every night. Please keep this class in prayer- that not only will English be taught well to help build their capacity- but that together we will strengthen each other.



-Please keep my parents in prayer as they enjoy their summer months. And if you see my Dad, give him a high five and hug. He’s the best and we wish him a great Father’s Day!
-Keep my sister, Noel, in prayer as she finishes out her summer in the Czech Republic and transitions to Africa, that God gives her good closure and great final moments and paves the way for her way ahead.
-Keep the college students here in prayer as many wind down their last semester. Pray for the 75 students graduating at the end of July- for a good finish and great graduation.

Thank you for your prayers and partnership!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment