Monday, August 15, 2011

It Takes a Village...

It takes a village to raise a child- African proverb


As I have prepared to go back to Africa over the past month, I've been so blessed to re-connect with many people who have been part of helping me "grow up" in the faith.  And in remembering the way behind, I can see where God truly has blessed me with being part of His great family- a family that supports you, prays for you, and loves you unconditionally, through all seasons. 

When bridges I have been standing on have crumbled- this tribe has been present- laying down their prayers, their finances, their support- to be the bridge for me.  The big "C" church has been with me through it all, and I'm so grateful! 

And my prayer is that I can also be that bridge for others- a support, a comfort, an encouragement, an advocate, a bridge- to help raise others up for God's kingdom, fellow workers in God's fields.

Today, as I begin packing for Ethiopia, I feel humbled and excited.  The great adventure continues.

For all who have played a part in my story, for those who have been bridges for me, my tribe in the villages and seasons of my life...I say THANK YOU!  Mesi anpil. Merci. Shukran. Gracias. Asante sana. AmesegĂ«nallĂ´ !!!!

May all of us run forward together as we follow our Great Shepherd.

I'm also feeling very grateful for my Garrett tribe: my wonderful parents- Jim and Rosie, and my sister-Noel- shown here below in Ethiopia  (I'm very excited to be re-united my sister in Ethiopia this week. We will be serving there together for the next several months)

Hope you will follow with me on the journey.  Here goes....











6 comments:

  1. holly!!! you're blogging!!!! =) i'm so thrilled to be able to follow your ethiopian adventures more closely, and to be able to pray for you more specifically. Wish I could go with you.... much love from KS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see those journalism skills are back at work. Consider your blog 'bookmarked'. I am looking forward to walking through Ethiopia with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    Dad and I are going to walk thru Ethiopia with you and Noel! You take the lead and we will follow! So proud of you and Noel!
    Much love mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Holly!

    I'll be lifting you both up in prayer. Thanks again for meeting up with me the other day. It was such a blessing to catch up with you again. Oh and thanks to you and Noel for being such incredible big sisters, and leaders for this young woman trying to seek God's face throughout the years. I am soo blessed to have met you both.
    Thank you!
    Love ya sisters,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly,
    I am so inspired and elated reading your story of a journey you and your sister are venturing together. I will be following along with you and will continue to pray for you as well. I thank God for people like yourself and your sister and will also pray for the specifics you have asked for.
    Love,
    Joan Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you guys- at last, doing some ministry together! We have enjoyed the journey working with Noel, Holly. Elaine & I will pray for frutiful times in the days ahead there as we follow you.
    Tom & Elaine

    ReplyDelete